- GENERAL: All orders are accepted and services supplied subject to the following express terms and conditions. These conditions may not be modified or varied unless W.S. HUNT’S TRANSPORT (hereafter referred to as the company) agrees in writing, and the company shall not be deemed to accept such other conditions nor waive these conditions by failing to object to provisions contained in any purchase order or other communications from the buyer. No person has authority on behalf of the company to vary any conditions except a company director, in writing.
- SETTLEMENT TERMS: Where credit items are allowed, terms of payment are strictly net monthly account. Payment due by end of month following month of invoice. No receipts will be issued against payments by cheque unless specifically requested. The company, at its discretion, reserves the right to implement charges (including interest charges) on accounts outstanding beyond the time specified in this condition. A surcharge of 5% of the value of the goods ordered may be implemented if the payment due remains outstanding for a period greater than 45 days after the date of the company’s invoice. The rate of interest charged shall be the current reference rate plus 8% per month from the due date until the payment is made. The company can exercise the right in addition to any other rights it may have in respect of the non-payment. Payment by the due date shall be the essence of the contract.
- PRICES: Unless otherwise agreed in writing, all orders are executed subject to prices ruling at the date of order. In the event of any variation of suspension of orders through the buyers instructions or lack of instructions a charge may be levied to cover any extra expenses thereby incurred by the company. Where applicable value added tax will be charged at the rate applicable at the date of invoice.
- CREDIT: Prospective customers wishing to open a credit account are requested to pass a credit check. Until the opening of a credit account has been confirmed delivery will be on a cash/cheque/BACS/CHAPS payment basis.
- CANCELLATION: Cancellation of an order, which exceeds 3 hours from the original delivery time stated, will not incur any charge. If a cancellation is made within 3 hours of delivery, acceptance of the cancellation will be at the discretion of the company and any such acceptance may be subject to payment by the buyer of a cancellation charge representing the costs involved.
DELIVERY: Delivery dates are given in good faith by the company to indicate estimated delivery times but shall not amount to any contractual obligation to deliver at the time stated. The company will accept no liability for direct or consequential loss or damage arising from delay in delivery.
- COMPATABILITY: Services are not supplied on a trial basis. Customers are responsible for verifying suitability and compatibility before time of order.
- FORCE MAJEURE: The Company shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations herein if the delay or failure is due to causes outside the reasonable control of the company.
- LEGAL CONSTRUCTION: Unless otherwise agreed by the company in writing, these conditions and the agreement to which this document relates shall in all respects be constructed and operate as an English contract in conformity with English law.
WEBSITE TERMS and CONDITIONS
- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
- Your access to and use of www.huntstransport.co.uk (“the Website”) and any Services referred to in Clause 2, is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. You will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Website you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using this Website.
- We reserve the right to update or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and your continued use of the Website following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is therefore your responsibility to check the Terms and Conditions regularly for any changes.
- THE SERVICES
- The Website may provide communication tools such as email, bulletin boards, chat areas, news groups, forums and/or other message or communication facilities (“the Services”) designed to enable you to communicate with others. Unless stated otherwise the Services are for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- CHILD SUPERVISION
- We are concerned about the safety and privacy of our users, particularly children. Parents who wish to allow their children access to and use of the Website/Services should supervise such access and use. By allowing your child access to the Services you are allowing your child access to all of the Services, including email, bulletin boards, chat areas, news groups, forums and/or other message or communication facilities. It is therefore your responsibility to determine which Services are appropriate for your child. Always use caution when revealing personally identifiable information about yourself or your children via any of the Services.
- We are committed to responsible data management and subscribe to the principals of the data protection legislation in the United Kingdom. We are committed to maintaining the privacy of our users and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. If you register for any of the Services you will be asked to provide basic personal information. The information provided by you is not available for sale or use by third parties. The information is used solely for notifying you of changes or updates to the Website/Services.
- USER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
- If a particular Service requires you to open an account you will be required to complete the registration process by providing certain information and registering a username and password for use with that Service. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password and also for all activities which take place under your account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security. In no event will www.huntstransport.co.uk be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever resulting from the disclosure of your username and/or password. You may not use another person´s account at any time, without the express permission of the account holder.
- ACCEPTABLE USE
- You acknowledge that all information, text, graphics, logos, photographs, images, moving images, sound, illustrations and other materials (“the Content”), whether posted publicly or transmitted privately, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. We do not control or endorse the Content and cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content and you acknowledge that by using the Services you may be exposed to Content that is offensive and/or indecent. www.huntstransport.co.uk will not be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind resulting from the use of any Content transmitted via the Services and you agree to bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy or completeness of such Content.
- In using the Website/Services you agree not to:
- use the Services to send junk email, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other unsolicited messages, commercial or otherwise;
- post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that is defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, threatening, abusive, harassing or unlawful;
- post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that incites discrimination, hate or violence towards any person or group on account of their race, religion, disability, nationality or otherwise;
- threaten, abuse, disrupt, stalk or otherwise violate the legal rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- use any information or material in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary right of any party;
- make available or upload files that contain a virus, worm, trojan or corrupt data that may damage the operation of the computer or property of another;
- collect or store personal information about others, including email addresses;
- advertise or offer to buy or sell goods or services for any commercial purpose, unless such communication facility specifically allows such messages;
- impersonate any person or entity for the purpose of misleading others;
- violate any applicable laws or regulations;
- use the Website/Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website/Services or interfere with any other party´s use and enjoyment of the Website/Services;
- post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information or confidential information disclosed in the course of employment or under a confidentiality agreement);
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to any of the Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Website/Services through hacking, password mining or any other means.
- We have no obligation to monitor the Services but shall be entitled to review materials posted to a communications facility and, at our sole discretion, to remove any material that breaches these Terms and Conditions or is otherwise objectionable.
- We have the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Services at any time, without notice, for any reason, including without limitation, breach of these Terms and Conditions. We may also at any time, at our sole discretion, discontinue the Website/Services or any part thereof without prior notice and you agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Website/Services
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- The Website/Services may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that www.huntstransport.co.uk is not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites.
- INTERNATIONAL USE
- You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United Kingdom or the country in which you reside (if different) and with all local laws and rules regarding acceptable use of and conduct on the Internet.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- The Website and its content (including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Website and the Services) are protected by copyright, trade marks, patents and other intellectual property rights and laws. In accessing the Website you agree that you will access the contents solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the Website for personal, non-commercial home use only.
- huntstransport.co.uk does not claim ownership of any materials you post, upload or submit to any publicly accessible area of the Services. However, by doing so you are granting us a world-wide, royalty free, non-exclusive licence to copy, distribute, transmit, reproduce, publicly display, edit, translate or publish such Content for as long as you elect to display such Content via the Services. The licence shall be terminated when such Content is deleted from the Services.
- You agree to indemnify and hold www.huntstransport.co.uk harmless from and against any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions and any claim or demand brought against www.huntstransport.co.uk by any third party arising out of your use of the Services and/or any Content submitted, posted or transmitted through the Services, including without limitation, all claims, actions, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) howsoever suffered or incurred by www.huntstransport.co.uk in consequence of your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Use of the Website/Services is at your own risk. The Website/Services are provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- To the extent permitted by law, www.huntstransport.co.uk will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website/Services.
- huntstransport.co.uk makes no warranty that the Website/Services will meet your requirements, that Content will be accurate or reliable, that the functionality of the Website/Services will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website/Services or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to exclude or limit the liability of www.huntstransport.co.uk for death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of www.huntstransport.co.uk.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- GOVERNING LAW
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Legal – Name & Registered Office
W.S.Hunt’s Transport Limited
71 Brox Road